Popsugar 'Must Have' First Ever July Bag



Although I was not sent this bag for free I was sent an email by a Popsugar rep regarding this bag. I didn't even know it was something new they were coming out with to be honest. At first I was like $35 a month, no way, but then when I read that the products were to be worth $150 plus and were going to include fashion, beauty, home decor, fitness, and more then I was actually kind of interested. I don't really need anymore beauty samples or products to try out to be honest but the home decor, fashion, and fitness drug me in.

This is how POPSUGAR describe their new bag.

"Every month, my editorial staff and I will curate an exciting bag full of fun must-have products from fashion, beauty, home decor, fitness, and more. Our customized collection will include tried-and-true classics, celebrity favorites, and brands you've yet to discover. Plus, the more you share this with your family and friends, the more we'll reward you. Think of it as a gift you give yourself — or it makes a perfect present for someone special in your life."


In my bag I received...

1 Ilia lipstick in 'In my room'
1 Ilia lip conditioner in 'Bang Bang'
2 Kind bars
Body Drench Pomegranate Crush lotion
Body Drench Raspberry Gelee scrub
2 RGB nail polishes in Minty & Doll
Popsugar canvas tote "beach bag"

This first July bag from Popsugar is suppose to be the must-have essentials for Summer.

As with my Beauty Army boxes I will review all the products in separate posts later on but I do want to give some opinions about Popsugar's new subscription bag.

I'll start off by saying I don't hate the products. I'm actually pretty excited about trying everything out but there are a few things I'm disappointed in. When I first checked out Popsugar's site and signed up the full size products would be worth over $150, now mysteriously the site has changed the bags to being worth $100.

The value of the products I received did come up to around $100 but I will say again that when I initially purchased this first box it did say over $150 worth. This was a HUGE part of me thinking that $35 was a steal.

I will also say that I'm pretty disappointed to see mainly beauty products in this box. They are full sizes which is great but I was hoping to see a wide variety of products not 2 items from the same companies. I don't need two samples of Body Drench, RGB, Kind, or Ilia to know if I'm going to like their products. I like them, don't get me wrong, but where is the fashion, home decor, and fitness aspects? Please don't give me a Kind bar and call this your fitness part. That isn't going to fly for me. Especially when these types of bars seem more like filler products.

I was also disappointed to find that one of my Ilia products was broken. So overall I'm not to happy with Popsugar's first box. At this point I don't know that I will continue on with this bag. I may give them one more month but $35 is a lot of money when it comes to items that are just so so. I'm a budget shopper most of the time so I could get a lot of stuff for $35 so we'll see.

If you are interested in this bag you can check out POPSUGAR here.

Did you get this bag? Are you thinking about trying it out? What are your thoughts?


Photobucket


Pin It

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter