Scrappy Towel

Hey All,

You know the toy box I did for the kids room? Well I had a small amount of the Sesame Street fabric left and wondered what I should do with it.

Then I remembered I had pinned this idea from The House of Smiths and I thought it was a really good idea for jazzing up plain towels. She used ribbon, which I want to have a go at in the future, but I figured it would work for fabric and it did!

A Fabric Embellished Towel.



Supplies:

Towels
Fabric scraps

Cut the fabric to your desired size mine are about 3&1/2 inches.


Then I overlocked (serged ) the edges to prevent fraying, you could also use the fold under method if you don't have access to an overlocker. Pin to towel.


And sew her on!



These are so easy and a cool way to use up those scraps.

DIY Delight or Disaster? Meh an easy project, delight. It's a little hard to get over excited about a kids towel but hey, one less scrap and I needed new towels.

Actually my scraps are a little out of hand, so if you have any scrap projects, feel free to leave me a link.

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter