Spring Time

Morning All,

Right around blog land I have been inundated with beautiful pictures of Autumn days and falling leaves, which almost makes me wish we were in Autumn. I love Autumn, not only is it my birthday, but it also brought me 2 of my children and of course Easter. However it also is quickly followed by Winter, now that I'm keen to leave behind!

So with the Spring School Holidays in full swing, I thought I would do some crafting with Elizabeth and my friend Nat at NorthShore Days, has inspired me to make some jewelry.

WARNING: Worse than usual photos, someone played with the camera settings and I kept getting this weird flash I could not fix, while we were making these. Julian played around with it and the next day I was able to get some decent shots.

Here are our Full Bloom Watches.



Supplies:
Artificial Flowers
Watch face
E6000 Glue
Hot Glue
Glitter Elastic
Felt




First we measured our wrists and hot glued the elastic.



Then we pulled the green plastic stem off and removed the rhinestone middle.



We glued the flower back together, and using the E6000, glued the watch face to the center of the flower, the watch faces were just over a dollar each from ebay.In fact the whole watch cost around $2.50 to make, and if you want to change the batteries it peels off.



Then we glued the felt to the bottom of the flower and took a second piece of felt and sandwiched the elastic with hot glue between the two felt circles. The we just trimmed the felt so it was a little neater.



Here are our Spring Flower watches in Full Bloom.






DIY Delight or Disaster? Well honestly, while I do think it's pretty, it's not the sort of thing I would wear, I'm very understated when it comes to jewelry, unless it's pink.
Elizabeth loves crafting and jewelry. Going back to school with stuff she has made makes her happy, I think I'll send mine along with her to give to her best friend. Two happy 10 year old girls - Delight!

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter