Time Keeps On Ticking - Clock Make Over

Morning all,

Kids are finally back at school, YAY! These last few days was pure craziness and yep, homework was ignored until the last minute. I actually thought I might get a few things done...but no.

 I did have a day without them and here is what I made.






We needed a clock and when I saw one for $30 plus postage that had  Cookie Monster's face on it - uh no thanks!

Then I thought, I'd make one, well the clock kits were getting close to $30 and given my strike rate is not 100% ,I decided I was going to forget it. Then I found a $3 clock in Kmart and thought, "it's plastic, it should come apart easy" and it did!

So here is how I made a clock for $3 (all the other supplies I had on hand.)

Supplies:



  • Clock
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Digital images 
  • Epoxy Dots
  • Glue Tape
  • Digital Cutter

First I pulled the clock apart




Then I measured up the clock face and and cut it out on the cutter.



I then had some digital images that I use for hair bows and decided to put them where the numbers should be, so I printed and cut them out and covered with the epoxy dots.



Stuck them on the clock



Now here's where I landed into trouble, I put the hands back on and the second hand kept getting stuck. there was no way the other hands could move without it because it had the end cap on it. So I took a risk and broke the hand off.



I put the end cap on and YAY, it worked.

Here it is, one custom made (calling it that because it sounds way more cool) Clock.



In the room





DIY Delight or Disaster? Let's see, cheap, colorful and I managed to overcome a slight mechanical hitch - Delight.

This room is coming up amazing, I'm loving it and I can't wait to show you the reveal, very soon.


Thanks for Reading,

Mel xo



Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter