Best NES Games of All Time



I'm a creature of the 80s.  I can't deny the fact that I feel stuck in this decade.  I'm not completely out of style when it comes to my sense of fashion and hairstyles, but when it comes to my taste in music and movies, for some reason I just can't get hip to pop culture.  I'm not much of a gamer anymore, but when I was back in the day, I was highly addicted to the Nintendo Entertainment System.  There are tons of NES games out there, but the following is a list of my personal favorite NES games of all time!

Enjoy!


Metroid


Who knew that the main character of this game was a chick?  Samus Aran was the character dressed up in a space suit and helmet fights alien monsters on the planet Zebes.  I loved the theme music to this video game. The Metroid games have spawned into several sequels and versions that have lasted within the past couple of decades!





Mike Tyson's Punch Out


This game was released in 1987 at the height of Mike Tyson's fame as an undefeated boxer.  The game starts off easy with Glass Joe who you can beat up with one eye closed and ends with Mike Tyson as the final contender.  I was only able to beat Mike Tyson once playing this game, and it was the ultimate victory!  He was a tough opponent!




The Legend of Zelda


Who could forget the theme song to Legend of Zelda?  This highly popular NES game impressed so many gamers everywhere that the game became a Saturday morning cartoon series and a breakfast cereal!  I'll be honest, I never made it to the ending of this game, but I always had fun trying!




Double Dragon


The opening scene of this game always struck me.  This guy just punches this lady in the stomach and hauls her over his shoulder and walks away!  But that's not all, as the male protagonist, you have to fight female bad girls too!  A lot of co-ed ass kicking going on in this game if you know what I mean!




Monster Party


I actually got this game right around Halloween time, so it was perfect game play when I first had the "Monster Party" experience, I was also a big fan of the theme song.  I played and defeated all of the enemies of this game so many times.  I never really grew tired of playing it.




Friday the 13th


This game scared the living crap out of me.  I mean seriously what was it about this game that was so creepy for me?  I think the theme music did me in and the fact that Jason would suddenly appear out of nowhere in the middle of gameplay.  Scariness!  This is in fact the hardest video game I've ever played and defeating Jason was next to impossible.




Super Mario Bros + Duck Hunt


I had the bonus cartridge that featured both games in one.  I can't leave this classic game off the list.  Remember the gun that came with your NES used to shoot in Duck Hunt?  Remember the green mushrooms and the extra lives you would get in Mario Bros?  This game of course ranked number one in terms of popularity among all NES games.  The Mario Bros became a franchise and have still remained an iconic figure in the world of gaming through the Nintendo brand.



Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter