Not A Creature Was Stirring, Not Even A....



No sew mouse.

Morning All,

This project even surprised me. I hate mice, even seeing them on the TV make me feel sick.

Those people who keep them or worse rats as pets - gross! Anyways I have seen a few versions of the felt mice which are pretty cute and I wanted something to do with Elizabeth for our Friday night craft session. This seem to fit the requirements.

I decided I rather than use my felt, I'd try to make a dent in my massive fabric scraps. I also have a pile of cotton batting because mum makes quilts and for whatever reason, I must take her scraps as well.

Originally I was going to sew and overlock these and make them look stunning, but I broke a needle on the overlocker then the sewing machine and it was too hot so a "No Sew" project it became.

I got the pattern for the mouse over here at Thoughts from an Evil Overlord.

Supplies

Fabric Scraps
Batting scraps -or Felt
Scissors
Heat and Bond Ultra (best for no sew)
Pompoms
Hot glue and gun

First up I traced the pattern onto the heat and bond and cut them out



Ironed onto the fabric and once again  cut them out



Then I ironed them onto the batting and cut them out. Cut two slits for the ears to go into.



Hot glued the nose





Then cut a slit at the back for the Candy Cane tail.





To be honest, I like them better than felt because I can match them in to what I'm doing. The heat and bond makes them a little stiffer but I think it helps hold the shape.
I left the eyes off because I liked the idea of the 4 blind mice.

DIY Disaster or Delight? So much fun for kids to make and of course a candy cane to sweeten the deal! Delight!

Hopefully these will be the only mice I find in these parts over Christmas!

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo


Linking to these awesome parties!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter