A Woman's 2013 Vow

I should totally be asleep right now. I have to get up for work in a few hours but the post-vacation jitters keep me awake. And the fact I keep looking at pictures of food and recipes. It's that kind of night.

Now, being from the South, everyone thinks I can cook (and braid hair). The latter is definitely untrue. Can't braid to save my life. But I'm a decent cook. My family is always saying I should cook for them but I run away in fear and embarrassment. I do not wanna cook for them and get my Southern Black Woman card taken. It would shame and kill me. My boyfriend is a kind guinea pig that enjoys my fried rice but if I cook anything else, it takes him hours to eat it. Come on now. Eat my food. Enjoy it. Lie to me?

Last year, I joined All Recipes and stored a slew of meals I haven't even touched. At this moment, I have 8+ tabs of recipes open from The Pioneer Woman and I have a new resolve. By the way, two great sites to check out. I vow I will not be a waste of a woman in 2013. Got my apron and pots and pans. I WILL become a way better cook this year. One meal at a time. I want to be able to finally cook for my boyfriend and read his responses. You know, that my food is fucking awesome. I want to bring food to work functions (besides all the tasty treats I bake cause I'm a bomb ass baker). I want to cook for my family, present and future. Most importantly, I want to stop wasting money on fast food and have more control over what's going in my body. If anyone else would like to join, we can get together a group email or something, or maybe a Blerd cooking blog, or subsection to this blog, to share recipes, struggles, or whatever. I'm totally open for the idea. Even though I'm not planning on making "diet" food, I know I'll drop some weight if I stop eyeing Chick-Fil-A everyday.

Kitchen, I'm gonna make you my bitch this year. Let's get cooking.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter