My 2013 Reading List




I've decided that I am going to start a list of books that I intend to read in the year 2013.  I'm not going to fully commit myself to read ALL of them, but I will try to finish at least 75% by the year's end.  The only reason I say this now, is because of the books that have not yet been published that I may add in-between.  I was inspired to create this list based off of Clutch Magazine's article.  Some of the books on my list are also books on their list as well.

If you haven't done so already, make sure you setup an account on Goodreads and send me a friend request!  I'd love to know what you're reading too!  Here is my personal list of books I intend to read this year.

1. Sister Citizen by Melissa Harris-Perry (this is a roll over form 2012..I've only got 30 more pages to go)

2. It's Your Time: Finding Favor, Restoration, and Abundance in Your Life Every Day by Joel Osteen (another rollover from 2012)

3. Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles by Marianne Williamson

4.Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison

5. What Are You Doing Here? A Black Woman's Life and Liberation in Heavy Metal by Laina Dawes

6.Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing by Caroline Myss

7.The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams by Deepak Chopra

8. On Writing by Stephen King

9. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison

10.Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston

11. A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin

12. Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse Series), #5 by Charlaine Harris

13. Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse Series), #6 by Charlaine Harris

14. All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse Series), #7 by Charlaine Harris

15. From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse Series), #8 by Charlaine Harris

16. Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse Series), #9 by Charlaine Harris

17. Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse Series), #10 by Charlaine Harris

18. Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse Series), #11 by Charlaine Harris

19. Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse Series), #12 by Charlaine Harris

20. Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom: Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing by Christiane Northrup

21. My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey by Jill Bolte Taylor

22. A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future by Daniel Pink

23. The Walking Dead, Book One by Robert Kirkman

24. The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell

25. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

26. Sistah Vegan: Food, Identity, Health, and Society: Black Female Vegans Speak by A. Breeze Harper

27. Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin

28. Produced by Faith by DeVon Franklin

29. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

30. Naked by David Sedaris

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter