Operation Live Simple Update #1


I had planned to blog about my update tomorrow but plans have changed for tomorrow so here is a quick update today.

Operation Live Simple has been going great. I am finishing up week 2 today. I will admit that there have been a couple days that I didn't get the area done. I did, however, motivate myself on the other days that had easier and quicker areas to clean to throw in those extra missed areas. I'm still on track to finish in my 6 weeks schedule. :) I have loaded at least 2 trash bags full of donate items so far but plan to leave the picture of how much I accumulated for donation until the end of the 6 weeks. I have been piling it into the back of my dear husband's truck (which happens to have a bed cover and lockable) so I don't have to look at piles of stuff I want to get rid of for weeks and weeks.

It's amazing how much stuff one can collect in just a few short years. We just moved here to Kansas barely under 2 years ago and had a HUGE moving sale beforehand. I love to decorate so that is my biggest rotation of stuff. I'm always wanting to change something around and I just don't have the extra room to store extra pieces. While going through these areas I realized how much clutter drives me crazy and it feels good knowing every little item I own has a home. I also realized that I need a label maker. Pronto!!

I'm kind of dreading the next few weeks because my biggest nemesis are the office closet and the hallway closets. I need to go research better and prettier organization ideas.

Have you been doing a version of the live simple?

If you have I would love to hear how it's going. :)

If you haven't and want to or don't even know what I'm talking about here is my original post.



 
The US Army sponsored the Harlem Globetrotters here in our area last night. I thought I would share a picture of the 3 of us with Flight Time. He was one of the 2 globetrotters that participated in the Amazing Race a couple of times. :) It was a fun night and our daughter had a blast getting to meet some members of the team and get some autographs.



Pin It

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter