Please take away her rights

Wendy Button begs for someone to Please Take Away My Right to a Gun in the New York Times:
 [S]ince most people like me are more likely to harm ourselves than to turn into mass-murdering monsters, our leaders should do more to keep us safe from ourselves.

Please take away my Second Amendment right. Do more to help us protect ourselves because what’s most likely to wake me in the early hours isn’t a man’s body slamming at my door but depression, that raven, tapping, rapping, banging for relief.

I have a better chance of surviving if I never have the option of being able to pull the trigger.
I have a much better idea.  Since Ms Button clearly doesn't value her unalienable rights, and in fact, expresses a heartfelt wish to be relinquished of them, why don't our leaders take away her right to vote as well?  It is entirely obvious that she is only going to harm herself and others should she ever make use of it.

She does provide a useful analogy, however, to show how responsible and freedom-loving men cannot do more to help women protect themselves from various evils, from crime by immigrants and other vibrants to being condemned to lives of poverty and lonely spinsterhood, because in post-suffrage America, women are actively preventing them from doing so.

Remember, the crumbling society in which we live is not merely the society that women wanted, it is the society they demanded.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter