Pretty Money Boxes



Howdy All,

I want to save some cash this year!

You see I finished working in April, but prior to that I've been on and off Maternity leave and continued to spend like I had 3 kids and 2 full time incomes instead of 5 kids and 1 income.

I am hopeless at sicking to plans, then my friend Leslie over at Violet Imperfection posted an idea that just jumped out at me. The 52 weeks saving plan and basically you save the amount for each week of the year example week 1 save $1 week 6 save $6 you can read more about it here, you may be shocked to see how much you end up with and I like the fact that it eases you into it.

So to make it a little more fun (if you can call saving fun, I personally prefer to spend) I thought I would pretty up some money boxes.

So I had these from an earlier project, and decided they were ugly and never put them in the babies room, besides what do they need cash for?



And I ripped of the vinyl and started over, or as I called it doing a Danni (The awesome Danni of Silo Hill farm often remakes her projects for seasonal items)

Supplies
Money boxes
Modpodge
White paint
Scrap book paper

So I grabbed the money boxes and modpodge them and then after that dried I painted them white (you could skip this but I didn't want the colours showing through)


Choose some scrap book paper (which I hoard because it's so pretty I don't want to use it, dumb I know)
Cut it to size


And glued it on, I could have modpodged it on properly but I always have bad luck when I try that for some reason.



Have to say even though this is so ridiculously simple, these pretty boxes make me happy to look at them. Hopefully I'll be even happier around this time next year when I attack them with a can opener and grab the cash - Boxing day sales anyone??? And because the early amounts are so slow, you could still give this a go. Either add the $6 and start next week at $4 or skip the first few weeks you'll still have plenty of cold hard cash!

If I find at some point that adding the extra $1 is becoming too tough I will know exactly what I can afford and make that my permanent savings amount - I actually think this one is going to stick.

DIY Delight or Disaster? Delight and so pretty


Do you have any cool any savings plans happening this year or any tricks you find useful?


Oh well, lets see how it goes.

Thanks for reading,


Mel xo


Linking at some or all of these great parties

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter