Shabby Chic Binder



Morning All,

So you might remember late last year I told you guys about my fave online craft store, Wholeport.com, and mentioned they had sent me a few things to try, well one of those items was this gorgeous pink rose heart appliqué Being the crappy sewer I am, I wasn't about to ruin it with my needlework and the kids are soon to be back at school, so I made this pretty little binder for Elizabeth.

Supplies:
Pink Rose Heart Applique available here $3.99 (bargain!)

Binder
Fabric
Trims, I also bought these from Wholeport but that was about 18 months a go and I'm not sure if they're still available and can't remember the names - (told you I was a long time customer pre blogging)
Spray glue
Hot glue/gun


Ignore the paint and modpodge I was working on something else at the same time

First up, cut the fabric to size then attach with the spray glue, don't go to tight or else it wont close. (learned the hard way!)


Then grab your trims and get a gluing


I added this to the spine of the binder, it's my favourite trim ever love it!


Then I added the gorgeous appliqué heart and outlined it with the lace trim


It still looked like it needed something else so I hot glued a little trim up the top and called her done.



DIY Delight or Disaster? How can anything this pink and pretty be a disaster? Elizabeth is going to have the prettiest binder in school, even if I do say so myself :)

So don't forget to check out Wholeport.com, awesome stuff at awesome prices, they cover just about all your craft needs and have the best customer service..seriously I have been in love with them for years!

I'm also not getting paid to say it, I did get the heart to sample, the other trims were purchased with my own $$$$

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo





Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter