Let's Play - Wardrobe Door Makeover

Morning all,






The next step in doing the boys room has been completed. Not only did they approve, I had their eyes lit up and got some rather odd comments - sadly my ability to understand teenage boys was a skill I left behind in High School. The doors according to them are "Sick!" and they are "Stoked" - I can see that all that English homework is really paying off...

So the doors were very shabby, I looked into replacing them but when I toyed with the idea of spending close to $200 on new doors, which will look just as shabby when they boys are finished with them, I decided it wasn't a good investment.


Then I was cleaning up the Xbox games and I just started looking at the case and bingo, how about I make them into game covers.

So if you remember way back last year when I made these for my boys based on their favorite game Skyrim


I checked if this was still the game of choice, they decided that they wanted 2 of the Elder Scroll games and even though it's only a pc game they wanted Guild Wars 2, so that's what I did.





The best part is, these games are all based on ancient times and the nicks and scratches only enhanced the finished look (Score one for Mum!)

After cleaning the wardrobes I decided that I needed a warning on each door - my joke on them!

DIY Delight or Disaster? Searching for 5 different fonts, fiddly weeding not to mention "tips and hints" from the boys to get to say Delight. My boys love this, I am currently the coolest Mum going...that will change quickly I'm sure! The photos are really disappointing that room is so dark, lighting is a huge issue in there.

While I think this is only something that would be coveted by other gamers, what do you think?

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter