Ruffle lace scarf

Morning All,



The awesome folks at Wholeport sent me some of their beautiful lace. Not being a sewer of clothes I was a little unsure as to what I was going to do with it. I was cursing the fact I could knit but not really sew, and thought I wish I could knit this. That lead me to thinking about fabric yarn so I thought hmm maybe I can.

Here's how I made it.

Supplies 

1 Yard of lace  - found here
rotary cutter / mat
large quilting ruler
size 2.5mm knitting needles
very sharp scissors
an overlocker (serger) 


Cut into approx 7.5 cm strips (2.5 inches) but don't be too concerned if they don't all match up that's the fun of the ruffles




Join strips together with an over locker (serger)



Over lock one side of the lace


Then cut a hole big enough to fit the knitting needle though at around two inches apart, on the side that was not serged (overlocked) - I eyeballed this again the ruffles are forgiving.

This knits up in the same manner as my yarn ruffle scarf using the same pattern




Just keep going until the length suits you. The prep work is the longest part, it knits up very quickly.

There she is.


You can also dress it up or down with some pretty accessories


Ahhh romantic ruffly goodness!

Wholeport has a huge selection of lace and lace trims, you can see them all here.

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter