Dance, dance.



I am pretty passionate (nerdy) about a lot of things and one of my greatest passions is dance. There is something about the art form that can fix a rotten day and bring warmth to my heart. 

One of my favorite dancers is the lovely Misty Copeland. If you haven't heard of this dancing powerhouse, she is the meaning of stunning. I find her to be one of the most inspiring and uplifting dancers out there.  She is a professional dancer that made history in 2007 by becoming the third African American soloist. She is also the first African American in two decades at American Ballet Theatre. 

This dancing vixen is unique since she doesn't have the usual dancer body type. She even changed the game up by starting her dance career at the age of 13.  I LOVE stories like this because it shows that if you have drive, talent, and passion you can make it work! In my toughest times, I unleash my inner Misty Copeland and pull it together and make magic. 



Misty inspires all of us to embrace the fact that we stand out and that we are different. Yeah, people might think you like something weird or you dress funny or your goals are unrealistic, but never let these thoughts get in the way of your passions. Typically, these are the people are don't have the guts to go after what they truly want within their own lives. 
Being yourself takes courage and involves a lot of self worth. Courage is key to any of your personal goals. It is what gets you out of that crap job that you dread or that relationship in which you are no longer happy in. Misty's story promotes courage and commitment to what you feel is your destiny.  
Hoping you're inspired, 
Latanya Rene

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter