New Series Alert! The Nerdist, on BBC America

Should I be excited? I just discovered The Nerdist, this TV show on BBC America, which premieres new episodes Saturday, March 30, at 10 p.m. ET.

Basically, anything that has the word "nerd" in it makes me do a double take. Add to the fact that some of their guests include one of my crushes, Joseph Gordon Levitt, and my long-time girl crush, Aisha Tyler, and you’ve definitely caught my interest. (It even features Danica McKellar, the chick from The Wonder Years who played Winnie Cooper and is now a serious mathematician.) I figured I have to check out this show. 


Hosted by the comedian, Chris Hardwick (a big Doctor Who fan, from what I gathered) and based on the popular Nerdist podcast, the show includes a panel of nerds each episode that talk about nerdy topics, pose nerdy questions, and basically just sit around and laugh at weird stuff and themselves. (So umm, it’s like the Black Girl Nerds podcast except the hosts are of … you know… the Caucasian persuasion.) It looks pretty good.

Here is a teaser:





The Nerdist on BBC America, Saturdays 10 p.m. ET.

-- Black Girl Nerds contributor, Shelly Ellis

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter