BGN Cartoonmania Podcast: An Email from a Listener


I received an email from a listener and a Twitter follower of Black Girl Nerds about our March 25th podcast called 'Cartoonamia".  We nerded-out and reminisced on our favorite cartoons of all time.  The podcast brought back alot of joy and memories for us 80s and 90s kids.

It's a beautiful thing to receive an email from a BGN supporter about the work that we do and the impact we make in our subculture within a subculture.  I asked if it was okay if I could publish this, so that our fellow BGN contributors, cohosts, and readers can see how much it means to us to receive this kind of feedback.

Making the world more pleasant...one nerdacious act at time. 


This is Hermione/ Rianna on Twitter. Note: I was born June '89... so I don't remember a WHOLE lot of things in the early 90s, but I do remember a considerable amount.

This is a random splurge of thoughts/comments from Podcast 4.  I absolutely loved it!  JEM I had only seen this on online surveys when Xanga was popular. I didn't know about it otherwise. I saw it one day on the Hub network & decided to watch because of this. So now I know what you're talking about & I totally loved the interracial dating. That's what hooked me about Scandal, actually... lol.

My Little Pony: FIM I was skeptical about it at first, but I was visiting a friend whom I hadn't seen in years over Labor Day and she really wanted to watch it. So four other girls and three guys watched at least 3 episodes. The amount of silly, perhaps, got to me. I only barely remember the original My Little Pony show. I wasn't old enough to remember or maybe I didn't particularly watch it then. Not sure. Even making fun of the remake is amusing because of the pony logic.

Darien from Sailor Moon! YES! "Tuxedo Mask was a pimp" hahaha. I had a crush on him, too.  The Reenee/Rini.. I don't know how they spelled the pink-haired daughter's name. She was really adorable, but the obsession with her dad was kinda weird.. Someone said, "I sang the whole song. I gotta commit now." I understand!

Darkwing Duck! Love that theme song & Ducktales.

Samurai Pizza Cats. My brother remembers that.

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. yes. I didn't remember a movie, but I remember the cartoon & theme song.

Alvin & the Chipmunks, yay, chipettes.

Pinky & the Brain. I watched that this past month & I realized I learned some words for SAT prep and I'm still not sure what a few of the words they used meant.

Ren & Stimpy, I think I was also banned.

From Power Rangers, the Pink ranger had a movie called Susie Q. I remember she came on Disney.

I can totally sing the theme song of PepperAnn forreal. 7th grade. I had a crush on MILO! He was so sweet & chill, and then got excited about random things.

Live action Winnie the Pooh. I didn't remember that, but I remember live action for Alice & Wonderland.

"Papa Beaver's Storytime" was really great show came on noon on Nickelodeon.

Animaniacs: the little girl was Mindy (& the dog Buttons). Love that.





Thanks for your email!  Your time and effort in sharing all things nerdified is special and means a lot to all of us who work to make this blog happen.

Huggz N Luvz,
J.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter