Faux Beadboard Storage Boxes - Or the one where I stole from the Amys


Morning All,

So one of the best things about blogging is meeting other bloggers and seeing their creativity. I have to admit all creative projects spark something in me. I love seeing the process behind what people do and how they execute it.....So I can totally rip 'em off!

A few weeks back my blog friend Amy from Stow and TellU posted these really cool boxes. Which you can see here



As I read I looked at my storage system here and as I mentioned previously I have been on a big clean up in my craft room.




It wasn't pretty. Then I was carting an old beer box and I noticed that they hold nearly 14 kg, and I thought they'd be perfect.


So I followed Amy's tutorial over here but I decided not to make the top, since they were on a high shelf.


Then I just added a label.


Storage solved and all for free, please don't concern yourself, Julian didn't drink 5 slabs of beer, the lovely guys down the local bottle shop saved a few for me so I could get all the same size.


Even though it's well past Easter I'm going to show you what I made using my other favorite Amy's (While Wearing Heels) tutorial for Madeleine for Easter. Please excuse his wrinkled face, I used iron glitter for his nose and do you think I could get rid of those wrinkles..No! However Amy's tutorial here (and free pattern) uses embroidery so wrinkles are a Mellywood special only. Also I am a very average sewer, this pattern is really easy and oh so cute, go over and pin it for next Easter.



DIY delight or Disasters? Well thanks to a couple of Amys I am delighted to have been able to create fun and pretty projects and if you don't already know them, jump on over and meet them here. Thanks ladies for inspiring me over my break.



Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

I would be delighted if you would follow me at any or all of these awesome places, just click on the picture below.

Mellywood's Mansion
Mellyood's Mansion
Mellywood's Mansion


Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter