Dollar Store Crafting: DIY Halloween Candles & Holders


Dollar Store Crafting: DIY Halloween Candles & Holders


One of my favorite things about the holidays are getting to decorate the entire house. Decorations can get expensive but there are also lots of ways to decorate with projects you can do yourself. I added a new touch to our Halloween décor this year with some spooky candles and holders.

Supplies needed to create your own...
 
 
Taper Candle Holders
Taper Candles
Black Acrylic Paint (or spray paint)
Paintbrush
Painters Tape (optional)

I already had all of my supplies except the holders and candles so this entire project cost me $3. I bought the candle holders and the pack of 2 taper candles at the Dollar Tree.

Directions:
 
Dollar Store Crafting: DIY Halloween Candles & Holders
 

1. Paint the candle holders. This project would go much faster if you use spray paint. I didn't have any black available so I just went with acrylic paint. It works just fine but will require a good 4 coats to cover the glass holders thoroughly.

2. Once you have the holders painted you can move on to the candles or vice versa. All I did to paint the candles was put some painters tape around the area I didn't want painted and started brushing the paint on. I didn't really measure so my lines aren't exactly even or straight but I think for Halloween that is ok.

3. Your done! Once everything is dry you can place the candles in their holders and enjoy. :)


Dollar Store Crafting: DIY Halloween Candles & Holders


Do you like to craft with Dollar Store supplies?

Check out my Halloween Silhouette Plates that I crafted from dollar store plates too.
 

Pin It


Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter