Funky Tween Bag

Hey all,

Well it's finally happened my little girl is growing up and she wants a "real' bag or purse depending on where you are.


however since I don't want to let my baby girl grow up too quickly I wanted her to have a bag that makes her feel grown up but to be young enough for her to still be my girl and this gorgeous fabric I was given to try from wholeport fits both our requirements. you can find it here.

I used the Convertible Clutch pattern from LBG Studio which I purchased as part of the Sew Fab promotion over at Sew Jereli.

But I also wanted to show you a trick I have for patterns when I am using fabric that can't be pinned.

I print my pattern and stick it together.


Then trace it onto the back of a piece of adhesive vinyl (or you could use contact paper)

Cut it out and stick it onto the vinyl. For this fabric I wanted to make sure I got the images of the girls in full.

It works great the fabric does't slip and I have the perfect pattern in one piece for next time, so no reprinting, just copy your darts and instructions onto it. It doesn't slip and I have never had any issues with sticky residue however I would suggest that you test it if you're concerned.


I used a pretty polka dot for the lining and the handle


DIY Delight or Disaster? Elizabeth loved the print and I plan on making her a few more accessories with the left over fabric. It's perfect for a young girl on the go. Being waterproof it wipes clean and it's grown up enough for her to feel like a lady but young enough for me not to cry that my baby is no longer a baby....Delight!

Don't forget to check out the rest of Wholeports fabric range here

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter