Monday Munchies: Wendy's Copycat Chili




This weekend the highs were in the low 60s and lows in the low 40s, perfect temperature for a chili night. Okay, so it may still be 80s were you are at but it's Fall and that means Winter is just right around the corner. You know you are going to be wanting some comfort food real soon.

I am a Goldilocks kind of chili lover. I want mine not too thick but not to watery either. This copycat Wendy's recipe is just right. I love Wendy's chili but to be honest when I want chili I'm usually wanting to be at home and cuddled under the blankets while eating it. That is why I love this copycat recipe. I can make it at home without having to get out, assuming I have all the ingredients. Speaking of ingredients here is what you will need to make some for yourself.

INGREDIENTS:
 
2 lbs Hamburger
2 cans tomato sauce (15oz cans)
2 cans kidney beans (w/ liquid)
2 cans pinto beans (w/ liquid)
1 cup diced onion (medium sized)
1/2 cup diced green chili (1-2 chili's)
1/4 cup diced celery (1 stalk)
3 medium tomatoes (chopped)
2 teaspoons cumin
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups water
 
DIRECTIONS:
 
Brown beef & drain (chop in pea size bits)
 
Combine all ingredients.
 
If using regular pot bring to a simmer over low heat and cook approximately 2-3 hours, stirring every 15 minutes. You can also use a crockpot (my preference), 6-8 hours on the low setting.
 
 
You can find the recipe for the cornbread in the picture above here.
 
Pin It


Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter