My So-Called Online Dating Life




So I've been flirting with online dating for several years now I am mildly ashamed to admit.  I feel like I've had this conversation that has managed to go around in a 360 degree direction since I was in my early twenties.  The conversation goes a little something like this:


Jamie:  So what's the best dating site out there?

Girl #1:  Oh girl you've got to try Match.com.  A friend of a friend of mine got married on there.

Jamie:  A friend of a friend?  So do you know anyone directly who's got married on there?

Girl# 2: (interrupts)  Who wants to pay for online dating?  Forget about Match you should try Plenty Of Fish.

Girl# 1: Nah, girl that site is suspect.  I've heard some crazy guys are up on that site.

Jamie:  What about OK Cupid?  Someone told me that's a good site to go to.

Girl #1:  Yea, its aiight.

Girl # 2:  I don't know of anyone who's actually dated anyone off of there.

Jamie:  So then what should I do?  Craigslist?

Girl #1 & #2: NOOOOO!!!

So yea, that's the gist of my many conversations with various girlfriends, co-workers, relatives, old roommates, etc.  Everyone knows someone who has had an online dating experience.

So the consensus among girlfriends and myself--it appears these are the Top 5 Online Dating websites.  You may agree or disagree...

5. Lavalife












4. Plenty Of Fish



3. eHarmony














2. OkCupid











1. Match












Until I meet Mr. Right on any of these sites I'll be sure to let you know which one is actually my personal best.  For now...I guess I'll keep fishing.


P.S. There are also the niche online dating sites like AfroRomance.com (for interracial dating) or Christianmingle.com (for faith-based singles).  What site is your favorite dating website?

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter