eBook or Paperback?




We could include hardback (hence the photo) in this debate too, but for the sake of making a point I wanted to ask the question-- do you prefer eBooks or Paperback books?  I could go either way to be honest with you.  However, if I had to choose---I actually like paperback books better.  For me there is nothing better than turning a page.  Especially when you reach that climactic moment in the story where the sentence trails off at the very end of the page and you're dying to know what is going to happen next.  That "page turn" sort of adds a little drama to that moment for me.

I also like bookmarks.  I have a ton of different kinds in various colors, shapes, and sizes.  I have metal bookmarks, furry bookmarks, diamond-studded bookmarks, magnetic bookmarks, etc.  You name it---I probably have it.  I also like the option of doing "dog ears" on the pages if I misplaced my bookmark.

I owned a  Nook when it first came out, but then it broke down on me a year later.  I now have an iPad and I read books from the Barnes & Noble Nook app as well as a few other eBook apps you can find in App Store.  The cool thing about eBooks are the convenience of getting a book within minutes.  Books tend to be a little cheaper in eBook format rather than paper or hardback.  You get the option of changing illumination settings if you read in dim light.  You also can bookmark the exact point where you left off, which can be annoying sometimes when you go back to a book and reread the same paragraph from the day before because you lost your reading point.

And let's be honest---if you're a hardcore bookworm it saves on having tons and tons of boxes and shelves filled with books.  I can't begin to tell you how many books I've given away to help conserve space.

But I prefer being ol' school and sitting down with a book in hand and turning it page by page.

What do you prefer?  eBook or Paperback?


Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter