Busted

Those of you who suspected the earlier post was a simple case of gender-flipping were absolutely correct. I wrote it to illustrate the point that women who lead with their credentials and academic accomplishments are the female equivalent of male douchebags who lead with their cars and material possessions. Below is the actual comment, which was made at Susan's place:
I am a 42 divorced female nerd (my ex went all EatPrayLove on me: am I the only woman that has experienced that? Mid-life crisis is poison). Not only I am a eminent scientist who’s been to the top universities in the world (Cambridge, MIT, Harvard) but I am above average attractive. I never dated until I went to college, in school nerdy boys would not approach me thinking they couldn’t get me, alpha men were intimidated by my intelligence, to top it all I was very shy, so I was in a catch-22 situation. Until I met my husband at 20. He was (is) of a complimentary intelligence to mine: arty, emotional, very talented painter… He knocked my socks off, we married, had two children and I was happy. Never looked anywhere else, until 2 years ago when he did the ‘I am not happy, love but not in love’ thing and went off with a hairdresser leaving me heart broken with two very young little girls to look after.

It has taken me this long to get up and start ‘looking’. I have found that it is like going back to school again. Men my generation are still intimidated by me (!). My male friends tell me to act dumb but even if I do, they look me up in LinkedIn, Google or PubMed and they stop calling. As I said I am quite attractive and this results in many orbiters but nothing sets.
The amusing thing about this, to the extent that divorce can be amusing, is that her husband ran off with a hairdresser and yet she still hasn't figured out that her intellect and her education are not attractive to men. It would appear that female solipsism trumps female intelligence, at least in this particular case.

Of course, it's also possible that it's just someone trolling HUS, given the grammatical errors and improperly used words.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter