Project: Getting (or kinda finding) My Sexy Back

Much like many of us here it seems, we all have a shy air about us. We speak up, but occasionally. As misfits, we really keep to ourselves and kinda just do whatever makes us happy. Not that this causes sexual repression, it may make you feel like you’re just…not sexy. This has been me for quite awhile. I think I’m average. I’m not a knockout but I get compliments. I have a wonderful, supportive boyfriend that calls me beautiful and loves me for who I am but I mean, every guy wants a lady in the streets and a freak in the sheets. And every girl secretly wants to be that. Thus begins Project: Getting (or kinda finding) My Sexy Back.

Everyone sees those infomercials for the Brazil Butt Lift or Flirty Girl Fitness that are supposed to make fitness fun and sexy. Those are alright but nothing compares to finding a facility that offers good old pole dancing classes. The one wonderful place I found offers pole dance, sexy floor and chair dancing, as well as erotic stretches. Now, some people may be thinking that this will not get you in shape and I’m only doing this because I’m a closet freak. One of those statements is true. Do not be fooled though. If you find the right place with the right instructors, they will work you OUT. I leave sore and hungry. But damnit, I feel great. Not only am I on a high because I actually worked out, but I seriously feel sexier. I feel I’m some sort of goddess with my platform skripper shoes on, swinging around the pool, or making it clap to Rhianna. True story. The classes are full of diversity and strictly women. It’s just a fun time.

Here I am some 4 months later and I’m a new woman. I have a little swag now. I walk with my head up and tall. I’m more sociable and can look people in the eye which is something I’ve always struggled with. I smile. I’m taking more time to maintain my image. My relationship is on the up, up, and ups. I’m not about to be giving the Twerk Team a run for their money but I’ll get there. I’ve found my vixen and she is amazing.

If you can find a place that offers these services, GO DO IT! You won’t regret it. If there are none in your area, take a dry erase marker and write a motivational mantra on your bathroom mirror and read it every morning and night. Or whenever you go tinkle. Read it and believe it. There’s a vixen in all of us, especially we black girl nerds (you know what they say about the quiet ones). We just gotta drag her out.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter