BGN Girl: Chernail Davis





My name is Chernail and all of my life I have been BGN only I didn't know it.

As a kid, I would spend countless hours in my room reading all kinds of books after maxing out my library card on the Bookmobile that came to my neighborhood every week. In school I was the spelling bee champ for my grade and very good at writing poetry and short stories but because my teachers made such a fuss over my accomplishments, I wasn't very popular with my peers who thought I was a know it all. In high school, even though I felt weirdly different from the other students, I kept trying to fit in. Needless to say, I could never pull it off. When I started college, I could never get over the feeling that I wasn't like everybody else. Something was strangely different about me but I just didn't know what it was. Well, after some family members said some really harsh things about me to another family member, I began praying that the Lord would show me who I am and why I was having so much trouble connecting with people. So slowly He began revealing things to me through various avenues then He just came out with it, "Baby, you're a nerd." Even though I was startled by the revelation, I was equally excited and happy because I could finally embrace myself. So, this past weekend I just came out and asked Him, "Where are the people who are like me"? Then, while I was looking for some images online, lo and behold, I discovered your site! I was so excited that I laughed out loud. Finally, a place where there are other people just like me! Thanks Jamie.

I am a Licensed Cosmetologist but recently I have been trying my hand at photography. For the past 3 years I have been a full-time Culinary / Hospitality Management student but I just changed my major to Commercial Art / Communications.

My social life is pretty tame. I spend most of my time online or reading but when I get a chance, I like to write poetry, spend time in nature, work on my blog or with my new passion, web design (I'm a theme junkie 8). So, with all of this excitement going on there's no Mr. BGN at this time but I'm not mad; I love hanging out with me!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter