Review: Cover FX: Eye Prep: Anti-Age Smoothing Primer




This anti-age smoothing eye primer immediately soothes, hydrates and helps reduce undereye puffiness. Formulated to strengthen the skin around the eye, it firms and rejuvenates while lightening dark undereye circles. Eye Prep binds concealer, foundation and eye shadows to lids and eye area for long lasting wear. Tolerated by the most sensitive skin, this formula is oil free, fragrance free, paraben free and gluten free.

This product definitely has a soothing effect and I do feel like it hydrates as the company states but I did not find that it reduced any undereye puffiness. It did feel like it had a firming quality about it but on my eye lids I didn't necessarily like that. It also seemed to me it took too long to dry. I don't really want to wait around before putting on my eyeshadow. It could have been maybe the hydrating feeling just left it feeling wet. *shrugs* I as well didn't find that it did anything for lightening any dark circles but I don't have extreme dark circles so I'm not sure how it would do at that point.

I did find that it was long lasting and I had no problems with creasing. I put my makeup on yesterday around noonish and when I took it off at 10pm last night my eye makeup looked great and hadn't budged in 10 hours so it's definitely long wearing. I also didn't have any irritation with it and my eyes are super sensitive but no problem in that department.

Like the company also states there is no fragrance to this product and I like that it is paraben free. It does state that it is oil free, however, I feel like it has that texture so this product may not be good for my oily skinned or oily eyelid friends.

Pros: Sooths and Hydrates, Long Lasting, Lightweight, Firming, Fragrance Free, Sensitive skin friendly, Paraben free 

Cons: Lacked reduction in puffiness, didn't notice lightening of the skin, may not work for oily skin, price

Speaking of price, a full size of Cover FX Eye Prep will run you $43 for a .67oz pump bottle. I do feel like .67 ozs would go a long way but the price for me is stiff for something that just (for myself) only works good as a long lasting eye primer. I honestly could care less for the soothing and hydrating feel that it offers.


I have decided that from now on with my reviews I will be giving it a star rating (out of 5 stars).


I give Cover FX Eye Prep



I don't love it but I don't hate it. I probably will not purchase a full size.



Have you tried this product? How did you rate it?

Photobucket

Pin It

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter