Tara Betta Not Be Dead!




I have a number of TV shows that I am addicted to.  I've mentioned a few in past blogs from Scandal to Grey's Anatomy.  Tomorrow night is the premiere of HBO's True Blood which is now in its 5th season!  I was hooked on this show from day one.  It took awhile for Sookie Stackhouse (played by Anna Paquin) to grow on me, but eventually she did.

I also must admit that the character of Tara Thornton (played by Rutina Wesley) was someone who I didn't like either!  She came across as phoney and all I could think was--- "here we go with another black girl with an attitude...oh lawd!!"  However, as I began to learn more about Tara's back story I realized she is very guarded and behind that strong facade is a soft shelled girl that can be broken into a million pieces if you pierce her just right.  She reminded me of---well me.

Now Tara---next to Lafayette Reynolds (played by Nelsan Ellis) , is my favorite character on the show.  Can we pause and talk about Lafayette for a sec?  HBO did something strategically smart and brilliant.  They kept this character alive.

****SPOILER ALERT****

For those of you who have read the Sookie Stackhouse books (currently I'm on book 2) Layfatte dies in the beginning of the 2nd book.  If you watched the end of Season 1 they show a faceless dead corpse in the back of Andy Bellefleur's car which in the book was supposed to be Lafayette Reynolds.  So why did HBO keep him? My guess is because he is the most charismatic, funny, colorful, savvy, and interesting character on the show.  Period.  An effeminate gay black man funny and interesting?? Say it ain't so! His character carries the show on so many levels and he is certainly the comic relief to this dark and sometimes scary 60 minute ride every Sunday night at 9pm.

Would you like to see a sneak peak of what I'm talking about?  Check Lafayette at this FINEST here:
(I think this very scene is what made HBO decide to keep  Nelsan Ellis on this show)

"Tip yo waitress"




So for those of you that follow the show...are you Team Bill?  Or Team Eric? I will always love me some Bill Compton (played by Stephen Moyer). However let's be honest-- Eric Northman ( played by Alexander Skarsgård) is nothing but the hotness.


But back to Tara---she's suffered a tragic gun shot wound to the head and we don't know yet if she lives or dies this season.  If they get rid of Tara I will be PISSED.  You hear me HBO?!?  I don't know if I will have the courage to ban the show, but trust me if she goes I will not hesitate to rant about it for weeks!

For now all I can do is speculate what I think will happen to her.  Either she will be turned into a vampire ---if she in fact dies.  She could also turn into some weird new creature we haven't seen nor heard of yet (this show is infamous for series of bizarre mammals) or she could just die a normal human death.  Which we all know that's gonna suck.

So we shall see what happens Sunday night.  Time for me to get ready for my True Blood party.  I hope you guys will be watching with me.  Should be an interesting night! #WaitingSucks!


Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter