Confessions of a Puppeteer: Scotty Swan



My journey into the crazy world of puppetry began when I was a wee little blerd. Jim Henson is to blame for my sick obsession with puppets.  Religiously watching Sesame Street and the Muppets ( I still do)  I found myself falling in love with the puppets. I would watch anything and everything with puppets. The day I saw my first puppet show, it blew my freakin mind! This puppet was spitting water and talking back! That wasn't supposed to happen in the real world!


I couldn't handle it and it freaked me out but I was also super curious. I would put on puppet shows in my room for years but then... girls happened. I didn't start performing professionally until 2001 when I moved to LA. I working on film production shoots AND getting paid!! I started doing more and liked how well-received it was by my audience. So I've made it my mission to inspire creativity in children, to maintain their innate sense of wonder, to foster positive thinking and help them develop a better understanding of the world around them.  Performing is my passion and it's how I give back. I enjoy providing a good puppet show as well as creating workshops for communities that don't receive this type if entertainment. I want to let people know that there are puppeteers of color out there and we are killin' it!

Please purchase my puppets too because I'm a broke ass artist!


The Scotty Swan Puppet Company is dedicated to providing arts workshops, reducing waste, encouraging creativity through use of reused materials and offering local communities exciting neighborhood-based puppet performances and parades.












Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter