DIY Mood / Colour Change Rings

Are you ready to do the hippy hippy shake and get all groovy??

Well these mood rings will get you in the mood!


These are so much fun to make and seriously so simple! I found some colour change nail polish for a couple of bucks at the reject shop (think dollar store my northern hemisphere friends) and thought it would make for some groovy bling.


You'll need (just click the link for any of the items (Amazon Affliate Link)



Paint the ring blanks with the nail polish, I did two coats.


Pour the Dimensional Magic in and I set it in polystyrene to rest flat while it dried.


And you're done, how crazy simple is that, I wanted to show you how they looked after the colour change so I heated up a rice pack. You can see a dramatic change in the pinky purple one but the blue/green is very subtle change. Obviously Elizabeth was more impressed with the Pink/Purple change.



DIY Delight or Disaster? Oh it's a Delight, so simple to make and they really did work, I was worried the dimensional magic might affect the outcome but it was perfect. I used to love mood rings as a kid, then I saw the movie My Girl (you know Macaulay Culkin) and now they make me cry a little but these are pretty groovy man!

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

B

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter