Mi-Me Beauty Tip Of The Week

Photo courtesy of: My Travel Scoot


Having recently left the warm South Florida weather behind, last night I found myself walking through the city of Memphis in 25 degree temperatures and if that wasn't bad enough I woke up to temperatures in the teens. Although I could barely feel my face, I did however feel the wind smacking it around as if there was a prize to contend for. At that moment the only thing I was hoping for was to get to some form of shelter and a face balm.

Face balms are a relatively easy DIY project and can be used on your lips, feet, heels, elbows, neck, hands, and any other part of your body that might need protecting, nourishing, moisturizing, healing or conditioning.

Begin my popping 1/8 cup of Beeswax or Candelilla wax (Vegan alternative) & 1/2 cup of Shea or Mango Butter into the microwave for 75-90 seconds, once melted combine 1/4 cup of Meadowfoam Seed Oil & 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to your already melted mixture. After mixing it all together, feel free to stir in 7-10 drops of your favorite essential or fragrance oil, then pour your soon to be balm into 2-3 small glass travel size jars and you'll be thanking yourself later.

Sunflower, Almond, Grapeseed or Jojoba Oil can be substituted for any of the oils we mentioned and ingredients can be melted by creating a double boiler. This balm can be used year around, but you'll want to keep it within reach during the winter.

Tip Alternatives: Mi-Me Avocado Butter or Mi-Me Mango Butter

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter