Alpha Mail: ungrateful little bitches

A mother considers female entitlement:
This past Thursday, my son and I dropped my two daughters off at dance class and proceeded on to the gym to work out. Afterwards we went to the grocery store. My son wanted a candy bar and told me he’d pay for it and he would also purchase two more candy bars for his sisters. I told him that was fine and helped him choose which candy bars to buy for his sisters.

I had no compunction to make him pay for the candy but as we were getting into the truck, he took $3.00 out of his wallet and handed it to me. I told him “That’s okay, you don’t have to give me your money.” He said, “Mom, I dug this out of my wallet already for you.” He seemed intent on paying for the candy and wasn’t going to give in.

When we arrived to pick the girls up from their dance class, my son handed them their candy bars. To which they responded with complaints that those were not the candy bars they wanted. They bickered and complained so much that I had to intervene and scold them that if it weren’t for their brother purchasing the candy for them, out of his own money, they would have nothing. I was stunned.

“Ungrateful little bitches” is kind for what I was thinking. How did we go so wrong as parents?

This turned into a fantastic learning opportunity. We have had in depth discussions of God’s word and the irrational nature of women (and the propensity towards unmerited and undeserving expectation). The whole experience has been wonderful for me to have witnessed the generous nature of my son and his inclination to provide. And, an eye opening realization that unless we as parents root out the “free candy bar” indignation of our daughters, we will have failed.
It is interesting to see how one little incident can open our eyes to the various aspects of Game. This should be extremely educational for the male Delta, who can see a very clear demonstration of how little his gifts, labors, and sacrifices can be expected to avail him. And it is also useful for women, who can see how easy it is to rise above their romantic rivals in male eyes by the simple expedient of expressing simple gratitude for the services provided by another.

Where the reader has failed, to date, with her daughters is in not crushing the spirit of entitlement out of them. This is not to say that boys don't also have one, only that they are a) less naturally inclined that way, and b) less permitted to get away with expressing it. Now, I wouldn't recommend going all fire and brimstone on even the most obnoxious young woman - you deserve nothing but to burn in the endless fires of Hell! - but I think PJ O'Rourke expressed it exceedingly well in his article entitled Fairness, Idealism and Other Atrocities.
I've got a 10-year-old at home. She's always saying, "That's not fair." When she says this, I say, "Honey, you're cute. That's not fair. Your family is pretty well off. That's not fair. You were born in America. That's not fair. Darling, you had better pray to God that things don't start getting fair for you."
One can't merit gifts or they would not be gifts in the first place. The only correct response to a gift, no matter how ill-conceived or unwanted it might be, is to smile and express gratitude, for the kindness of the thought if not the perspicacity of the giver's judgment. The possession of a vagina is no doubt a wonderful thing, but it does not endow its owner with any expectations of tribute from anyone.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter