Review: Kate Somerville Quench Hydrating Face Serum



"Quench serum is an advanced hydrating system that delivers essential lipids to properly replenish and restore hydrated skin. It locks in moisture by helping cells retain water, ensuring a healthy, more youthful-looking complexion. It helps protect skin against photo aging to promote firmness and elasticity and leaves skin luminous and glowing with a silky, satiny look and feel." ~Kate Somerville


I got a sample of this product a while back in a New Beauty Test Tube from QVC. I don't get this box very often but this one just happened to be something my hubby stuck in my stocking during Christmas. haha!

This product is great but there is one thing I don't like about it.

PROS:
Very Hydrating
A little goes a long way

CONS:
Oily and feels greasy
Expensive

This product is extremely hydrating and worked great for what it was suppose to do. However, I have fairly dry skin and usually don't mind a little extra oils for my skin but this was just way to oily and greasy feeling for my liking. It hydrated my skin great but to be honest I wanted to clean my face every time I applied it simply because I felt like a big grease ball. If you have oily skin then I would stay away from this product for sure and I would really only recommend it for the extremely dry skin beauties out there.

It is also fairly expensive, however, as I said in the pros a little bit goes a long way. One tiny squirt is plenty for your whole face.

Kate Somerville also has a oil free version of this Quench Facial Serum that I have not tried. I've heard that it was a better option if you felt like the original Quench was just too oily but I have not given it a try so I don't know about that.

Overall I don't hate this product because it does work pretty good but I would never buy a full size or repurchase simply because it is way too oily for my skin. I feel like the majority of people don't fall in the extreme dry skin so I would have to give this product 3 stars.





Anyone use this product? What about other Kate Somerville products? What is your favorite facial serum?



Pin It

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter