No Sew Valentine's Day Rag Tie Garland


It's officially one month out til Valentine's Day and of course no holiday goes undecorated in this house so I had to have a little crafting fun this weekend. :)



Rag Tie Garland



This is a super easy project that you can have done in one night while watching your favorite show. :) I did this one for Valentine's Day but these could easily be done with coordinating fabrics for all kinds of holidays or birthdays. I love how it turned out and I definitely plan on making them for every holiday.


Supplies Needed:

fabric
ribbon
scissors
foam hearts (optional)


How to:

First you will want to start by cutting all your fabric. I used scissors and just eyeballed the strips, nothing fancy, but if you have a rotary tool then two thumbs up. You will want to cut the strips in approximately 1 to 1 1/2 inch x 8 inch strips. My garland is 6 1/2 feet long and I used a 1/2 yard of fabric per design of strips. If you want a longer garland or even a smaller one then just cut more or less depending on your own needs.



Once you have all your strips cut start tying them on to your ribbon. You can use a piece of ribbon or even jute that you might already have handy. The ribbon will be hidden so no need to use anything fancy or buy new ribbon unless you just don't have any available. For that matter if you have lots of fabric scraps lying around then you can probably create a rag garland without spending a dime. Even better!

My final step was to tye on a few foam hearts that I picked up in the Target dollar spot. I love the dollar spot!! This is definitely an optional step and I think the garland would have looked really cute even without it but I just thought I would add a little sparkle with some glitter hearts. Who doesn't like sparkle, right? Right!



The finished product!


Rag Tie Garland
 In this picture you can see my $99 Hobby Lobby lamp that I scored for $34. The frame also just has a cheap dollar spot card stuck in it. I thought the subway style card would look cute as some cheap holiday art.


Have you made a rag garland before?

If you haven't then you should definitely go get your garland on. It truly is so easy. Promise!



Want to follow along? You can find me here.
Like me on Facebook!Follow me on Pinterest! Follow me on TwitterSubscribe Via EmailRSS FeedFollow me on Goggle+ Follow TGL on Bloglovin


Pin It

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter