Grab Your Controller - Gamer Bookends



So it's only been a couple of months in the making, a project for the boys room, Gamer Bookends!

So here's how it started, I want to add some authentic console parts into the decor and since the hubs works in IT everyone he knows is a gamer and I figured that there would probably be some freebies.

So I put the request out on my personal Facebook page and basically said, I'm after gaming stuff, I don't care if they work, 5 mouths to feed, want freebies!

Well I got inundated with stuff, so firstly to the best Uncle and Auntie in the World - Thanks Sheena and Wes!
To the guys at Julian's work, I know a couple of you actually read - and I'm flattered, a big thanks to you guys too.

So first up I made some bookends and here's how:

Supplies:

  • Scrap wood
  • Paint
  • Game controllers
  • Hot glue/gun


First up measure and cut the wood x 4, I would suggest others use some safety precautions and not do it barefoot like me. (I never wear shoes at home)


Screw two pieces together and paint, grab the controls and cut the cords off.



Hot glue the controllers onto the boards


Then you're done!




DIY Delight or Disaster? Aside from the spray paint dripping a little, I like them, I just wish before I cut the cords I had realised that the controls are slightly different.


I have to admit the boys room has left me uninspired. The boys don't really want me "going too far" and so it's going to be pretty simple. At this point I'm hoping it won't be boring. They did seem to like this so maybe they'll be a little more easy going when I get in full swing. I hope so!!

There it is the first project and now they're finally back to school, I can get back into doing the house. Woo hoo, it feels like forever since I stopped.
Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here


Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter