How Not To Plan A Party aka Why Do I Leave Things To The Last Minute?

Morning,

It's been a huge week of getting kids back to school and I was left with 48 hours to get a party ready.

 Here's how it played out.

The Decorations


Paper rosettes and vinyl sign cut out in my cutter. Those roses took no time using the machine rather than hand folding and scoring. Also there were the usual balloons and things



The Food 

 Elmo Heads

Maureen of It's All Connected posted the Elmo Heads, which I copied, that is not the name she gave them and  if you need a belly laugh go check out that post. I didn't have enough red food die so my little guys were a bit anemic and a little wonky but Madeleine thought these were a win!


Abby's Fairy Wands


 Linda at With a Blast, has been busy making Valentine treats, so I used this tutorial for Candied Peanuts and Sea Salt Chocolate and adapted it to make fairy wands. So you can go over there for some Valentine inspiration. and to see how to make the chocolate shapes.


Rubber Ducky Baths


All my idea, it's jelly (Jello) and cream with a little ducky on top - as you can see, I am quite the gourmet.  


The Cake


My sister made this - so of course it's the best thing at the party! Also I forgot to get a photo before putting it on the table. In my defense it was a blooming heavy thing. You'll never guess what is inside Elmo.


Her skirt was made by my fellow Aussie blogger, Ros at Sew Delicious, you'll all know her Peggy skirt.

 It was actually her Christmas outfit but the material is very subtle in it's Christmas look and so pretty, I wanted to get some more wear out of it. Ros did hold it to ransom and I left the mansion to meet her in person, fun!
She also made a matching tie for Max, but by the time I got to taking pictures he had drooled over it so I have included a couple of shots of them alone. Even the Christmas photos were too dark, my house in Summer is like a cave.

 I read Sew Delicious before I started blogging and sent her a message on Facebook saying I wanted to start, she helped me so much, I owe her a huge thanks!! Awesomely it turned out she lives somewhat close by.







Julian's sister and her family bought her a fairy dress, my favorite part of the day was her trying it on. It also made me a little sad because I feel this was the of the end of Sesame Street and being a baby and the beginning of her become a little girl. She twirled and "flew" for us.





The birthday girl loved the cake - it's everyone singing happy birthday she doesn't like so much.


Yes, that is terror, and if you think it's a one off, here is her on her actual birthday. It's not a great shot but trust me when I say she was howling. At my Mum and brother's birthday we all had to sing it in a whisper, which was kind of funny - I have it on video for her 21st.




At the end of the day, she was tired but cake fixes everything.




At the end of the day I was tired but wine fixes everything. (took the picture myself on my phone - awkward!)






Happy 3rd birthday my fairy princess!





DIY Delight or Disaster? Cake terrors aside, she enjoyed herself, also I had set up a couple of games but the little ones just wanted to play with the balloons. While I wouldn't say it was a diy delight, it wasn't a disaster and she certainly is delightful!

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo


Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here



Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter