Ask A Nerd: How Do I Meet Other Black Nerd Girls?




Q: Hey! I'll get right to my question! How do I actually meet other black nerd girls? I have other race friends, but, sometimes I just feel different from them. Am I wrong to want more black girlfriends? I don't want to appear closed minded. ~ Lonely Black Girl Nerd 

 A: Hi, Lonely Black Girl Nerd, I can suggest a few things. The first is to:

1. KNOW WHERE TO LOOK... as you know, nerdy girls, whether black or any other race probably aren't out partying on a Friday night. Go to local bookstores/used bookstores, truly any place with BOOKS! Also hit craft stores such as Michael's, Garden Ridge, Old Time Pottery. Hit your local park, you're sure to find a fellow nerd girl sitting and reading in the grass or on a bench.

2. Comic Book Shops or even Gamestop... you may find a few black girl nerds who participate in various tournaments offered at a Gamestop or comic book store.

3. If you're in college, sign up for an ART class. I've known lots of my fellow black nerd girlfriends to be pretty good artists. 4. Finally, look for online forums for "black girl nerds", you can meet some pretty amazing personalities; and our very own Black Girl Nerds FB page is a good place to start... just post that you're looking for black girl nerds like you in your town to hang out with... you never know how many people are looking for the same thing. You'll never know unless you give it a try! Good luck with finding your new nerdy black girlfriends :)!!

 ~ Tam Solomon, Contributing Writer

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter