Letter from a Reader: Beware of Sellers of Fake Louis Vuitton Bags









Images courtesy of Fashion PULIS reader

Dear Fashion Pulis,

Good day! I'm an avid fan of your blog. I greatly admire your quick wit and fashion sense. I'm writing to you because I want to warn your readers of this person who sells counterfeit designer bags but passes them off as real ones at "factory prices". I'm confident that you'll understand this sentiment since like you, I work hard to earn money to buy beautiful (and real) things.

The seller's name is C**** (C). She's from a well-off family, studied in a private Christian school, and lives in Quezon City. Early this year she offered me LV bags at 20%-30% off store prices (priced around 30K to 90k). Since I'm fond of this brand and she was so convincing, showing me boxes and a receipt, I bought one of the bags. She would always tell me that an LV bag is worth the investment because it's a sign that I've "arrived" (earning well). She also offered payments in installment, so now you see how it was so hard to resist her offer. I bought 3 bags from her.

When I asked C where she gets her supply, she gave me this story of a friend who lives and work in Italy who buys and ships the supposedly authentic bags to her and she simply resells the bags for a small profit.

Seeing this as a good deal, I informed her that I wanted to resell the bags and asked if she can give me a reseller's discount and longer payment terms. She said it was ok.

When I offered it to my friends they were excited that there is such a deal. However, this excitement was short-lived when one of my friends pointed out that there seems to be some "irregularities" with the bag that I bought. My friend encouraged me to visit the LV store to have it authenticated. Confident that I bought the bag with a box and receipt, I brought my bags and a couple of bags C has "consigned" to me to the LV Store at Greenbelt 5 to allay my fears.

Lo and behold, the store refused to authenticate the bag. Apparently it's company policy to not authenticate because they do not have "factory outlets" therefore, there's nothing to authenticate . It's their way of saying: If you didn't buy it in an LV store, chances are it's fake. But since the store manager couldn't do anything to circumvent the policy and he took pity in my obvious facial expression of disappointment, he offered to show me a bags of the same models that I brought and to assess for myself.

Attached are the shocking revelations that I've discovered that fateful day.

Optimistic at heart, I immediately called up C to tell her what I've discovered. I expected that she'd be shocked as I am. Instead, she the first thing out of her mouth was: "LV store does not authenticate". Then she proceeds to nag that the bags that she sells are all authentic. It dawned to me that she knew she was selling fakes in the first place, but tried to pass them off as real ones because she knew that LV store does not authenticate.

I offered to return the bags I've bought but demanded that she return my hard-earned money. She did return it but she issued a PDC which only cleared after a month. The audacity of this swindler. Thus, I'm only able to expose this person's modus operandi now.

Lesson learned: Louis Vuitton does NOT sell at a discount, EVER. Even if there's a box and receipt, always insist on meeting at the LV store before buying so you can check.

She continues to operate her shameless modus operandi to date. I just hope that your readers who bought/buy from her will read this and ask for a refund.

I do not wish her ill, but she is a scam artist that has gotten away for a long time already and this has got to stop. I hope you can help me by posting this letter and help me spread this around.

God bless and more power!

Warm regards,
Kady

Please abide by the GUIDELINES in writing comments if you want them to be posted. Initials and comments that are too explicit will not be accepted.

Follow @FashionPulis on Twitter for the latest update. Please continue to send your juicy stories to michaelsylim@gmail.com. Thank you very much for loving Fashion PULIS!

Disclaimer: The comments of the readers do not reflect the views and opinions of Fashion PULIS.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter