Letter from a Reader: A Bully Pastor's Family

Image courtesy of www.specialops.org

Dear Fashion PULIS,

Hi Mr. Lim. I know your blog has been the voice of some people who experience unfortunate situations. I am writing to share with your readers the horrible experience I and my daughter had a few weeks ago.

My mother, myself and my 5-year-old daughter were in a Kiddie Pen KP inside a major mall last Sept 13, 2013 at 3pm. We left my daughter there so we could do some groceries. It was not the first time that I brought my daughter there, as it has been my practice to bring her there whenever I'd be in a hurry to do some errands so she could play and would be safe - until that fateful day.

While my mother and I were in the grocery, I didn't know that my daughter was being bullied, hurt, kicked in the head and chest by a big 7-year-old boy inside KP. We learned about this when we went back to pick her up. My daughter immediately told me that she was hurt by that boy. I confronted the caretakers of KP and was told that the boy is a regular customer and that he is unruly and hurts everyone there while his Lola and Lolo just watch.

I asked them for that boy's phone number and I called his guardian. The Lola who answered me tried to call the boy's Lolo but he refused to take the call. I ended up talking to the grandmother. I told her what happened in KP, but her reply shocked me: " In the event that your daughter dies, you just go and sue us. "

I was outraged! I did not expect such words coming from an elderly woman.

By Saturday morning, a day after the KP incident, my daughter started having fever and was vomiting. I rushed her to the hospital. Until the 8th day of her confinement, she was still having high fever. I could not have her checked by a neurologist because my medical insurance does not cover it.

My daughter's hospital confinement lasted 10 days. She has trauma and was asked to see a child psychiatrist. I am very worried.

I learned later on that the boy's grandfather is a Pastor and founder of a born again church affiliated with a big congregation. This congregation has a program that airs regularly on television and has a popular showbiz couple as one of its active members along with other celebrities.

I tried to reach out by calling them, leaving messages on facebook but these people are not responding. I am now at my wit's end. I was told that this Pastor and his family are untouchables.

This is the reason I am writing to you, FP. I want to expose how inhuman this Pastor and his family are.

May this be a warning to mothers and child guardians out there not to leave their children in paid playgrounds or playpen - caretakers/staff there can never be relied upon. Bullies are everywhere and our children's safety should always be foremost.

Thank you, Mr. Lim. God Bless you.

Sincerely,

Ms. Sol

"The pressures of being a parent are equal to any pressure on earth. To be a conscious parent, and really look to that little being's mental and physical health, is a responsibility which most of us, including me, avoid most of the time because it's too hard." ~ John Lennon

Note: Letter edited for brevity and to suit a blind item format.

Please abide by the GUIDELINES in writing comments if you want them to be posted. Initials and comments that are too explicit will not be accepted.

Follow @FashionPulis on Twitter for the latest update. Please continue to send your juicy stories to michaelsylim@gmail.com. Thank you very much for loving Fashion PULIS!

Disclaimer: The comments of the readers do not reflect the views and opinions of Fashion PULIS.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter