Monday Munchies: Sweet Potatoes



Ingredients:

Sweet potatoes (3 lbs)
Butter (1 stick)
Sugar (1 cup)


 
Directions:

1. Peel potatoes and chop in slices, keep them in cold water while peeling otherwise they will turn brown on you.

2. Boil potatoes in skillet with water. Enough water to cover all the potatoes.

3. Cover with lid and continue to boil until potatoes are just barely tender. (Approx 20 minutes)



4. Drain water, leaving about 2 tablespoons of water left in the pan. Melt a stick of butter in the potatoes then add 1 cup of sugar. Let the syrup get thick. 


I added the sugar before the butter was melted just for picture purposes but I wouldn't recommend it. Let the butter melt first.

The result is some not so good for you but very yummy sweet potatoes. This is my aunt's recipe. She cooks these sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving and it is one thing I look forward to every year. :) I have been wanting some so they made it on my Easter dinner list.


 


Photobucket

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter