Movie & Book Rec: The Lucky One & 50 Shades Trilogy

There is not a single book by Nicholas Sparks that I haven't loved. I have a Nook but I still buy all of his in hard covers. I would definitely say he is my all time favorite author. Love his stories! If you haven't read The Lucky One please do so before you watch the movie.

With that said I have to recommend if you have read the book go see the movie this weekend.


Poster of The Lucky One



U.S. Marine Sergeant Logan Thibault returns from his third tour of duty in Iraq, with the one thing he credits with keeping him alive - a photograph he found of a woman he doesn't even know. Learning her name is Beth and where she lives, he shows up at her door, and ends up taking a job at her family-run local kennel. Despite her initial mistrust and the complications in her life, a romance develops between them, giving Logan hope that Beth could be much more than his good luck charm.

There is a lifetime Christmas movie called The Christmas Card that has the same kind of story line. It is one of my favorite cheesy Lifetime Christmas movies (yes I'm one of those girls) ;) I'm also a sucker for military love story movies but maybe I'm biased because I can relate. It also doesn't hurt any that Zac Efron plays the lead cutie. He sure has grown up from his High School Musical days. haha! It's those damn eyes!!


On to the book rec....

I can only suggest this one for those of you over the age of 18. 


50 shades of Grey


When literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to realize she wants this man and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms.

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey’s singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success—his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving family—Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian Grey’s secrets and explores her own dark desires.

Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.

 
I am less than 100 pages away from finishing this trilogy. I plan to go finish it as soon as I push publish. Eeeee! I don't know what it is about this book series but it's thrilling, fascinating, and a page turner in one and the writing isn't even that great. There are many things that bug me about the writing but the story plot is what keeps you going.

Back a couple of years ago, my friend got me into reading Twilight fan fiction because I was so bummed about finishing the books I wanted to read more. If you have ever been into reading Twilight fan fiction then you would know that this Fifty Shades series once was a Twilight fan fiction called Master of the Universe. I never got around to reading it before the author pulled these stories to make it in to a hard copy, featuring new names of course. I must say, I think this is another reason why I love it so much because I totally picture the main character's still being Bella and Edward. Crazy, I know! 

If you have been on the fence about reading this one do it.

Have you read The Lucky One? Do you plan to see the movie? Have you read the 50 Shades Trilogy?


Photobucket

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter