I Want To Travel To Italy: Yes Its Because of The Italian Men

Photo Courtesy: simpaticoespresso.com


Whenever I make a big decision I always do my research.  I use Internet search engines, read books, ask questions, and try to go directly to the source.  I've decided that I want to take a trip next year to Italy and I was recently perusing through a travel brochure called Cosmos and saw some really affordable travel packages.

There are cities like Rome which are metropolitan in nature and is filled with tourists and other world travelers.  There are also cities like Venice that are very beachy--(which is my personal home turf coming from someone born and bred in a beach city).  Maybe I can visit Lake Como and see if George Clooney will invite me to his lakeside villa.

Speaking of incredibly attractive Caucasian men---Italian men LOVE us!  Let me say that again.  Italian men LOVE us!  Not only do Italian men adore black women, but they are discouraged that there are not many of us who live there, so whenever a African American female visitor comes to their country, they get the royal treatment...like you're a foreign diplomat being served on international soil.

I haven't exactly experienced this myself personally, but I am very much drawn to the idea of visiting a country that treats a woman like me with adoration, respect, and reverence.  I've been told that they admire women of color for more than our natural beauty.  They admire us for our quirky personalities, flirtatious nature, and eccentric sense of style.

It's not often that you hear of a country or town that admires a specific type of woman,  In fact, I don't have any knowledge of another other place that has a specific interest and/or desire in a woman of a specific ethnic background---with the exception perhaps of that country of origin.  However, it amazes me in a country that has a tiny population of Black women, is the same place that actively seeks us and works to revel us in their chivalry when greeted on their soil.

So therefore I'm making plans to go to Italy. It may not be this year, but it will be some time soon.  I am still single after all.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter