WTF North Carolina?!

I don’t know if my bio has been read but I’m from North Carolina. I’m know to be a hobo, in the words of my Granny, so people often assume I’m from one of the states I have lived in besides there. However, I’m a North Carolina girl, Southern and proud…until last night…

At this point, I'm truly ashamed to say I'm from North Carolina. People went out and actually voted for Amendment One that not only placed a ban on same sex marriages, but also affected many single parents, uninsured children, widows, and people in long-term committed marriage without all the bullshit that seems to accompany marriage. Ironic considering most things are supposed to be a separation between church and state but I have a feeling that religion did play a huge part in it. The South is still the South were the Bible Belt roams wild and free.

If you are one of the people out there against same sex marriage, that’s fine. That’s your opinion. But I have a problem with hating it. I truly don’t think a person can help if they fall in love with the same sex just like a person can’t help if they fall in love with someone of a different race. It’s love. We all know that love is a crazy beast that we can’t control. But it’s a beauty thing. People just deserve to be happy. Life is too short to have doors constantly slammed in your face over emotions.

 Ignorance is bliss until it changes your life. People can hide behind whatever they want whether it be political affiliation, racism, sexism, or religion but hate is still hate across the board. And North Carolina definitely showed its colors. I’m a proponent of EQUAL rights not just gay rights. We’re all entitled to our feelings and I’m totally in mine since this passed.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter