Letter from a Reader: Child Star Behaving Badly

Image courtesy of www.imdb.com

Got this email from a very concerned and disturbed parent. Please read on:

Hi FP,

I am writing you to share an observation. Last Friday, I received an email asking my daughter to drop by at an audition for a children's show in a major network. After I have confirmed that the invitation was valid, we decided to go and attended the said screen test. Audition went well and my daughter was asked to comeback next Saturday. She made friends with some of the children but one child star tried to pick a fight with my four-year old, shouting, "SHUT UP! Ang ingay ingay mo!!" (complete with a bitch tone and the 'pamewang' to boot) and even posed shadow boxing aimed at my girl. My daughter knew the girl from TV and even called her name. I did some research and found out that it was indeed her.

I was aghast to see how this child star reacted towards my daughter as she looked really nice on TV and seemed so polite and humble in her interviews. She even celebrated her birthday with the less fortunate "pero ubod pala ng arte at yabang ang bata na ito. Hindi pa masyadong sikat pero napakayabang na." The child's mother just stood there doing nothing and was even laughing when her daughter was doing a shadow boxing at my girl. One observer said that the child star felt a little insecure because my girl speaks English and registers really well on the TV.

My daughter asked her, "Why are you being cross with me?" The child star replied, " Anong cross cross, ha?! ha?! "

As much as I would like to bring my daughter back to the show, I prefer not to anymore. She is too young and I don't want her to be subjected to this child star's wicked antics and bullying.

I hope you can post this email so that parents of children who wish to audition will know what to expect: that there's such a thing as that major network's child stars behaving badly. :(

From A Concerned Mom

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter