Letter from a Reader: To the Prejudiced Readers of Fashion PULIS

Image courtesy of www.anshikachaturvedi9.blogspot.com

Dear Fashion PULIS,

I am an online writer but honestly, I don't know where to start. I am quite surprised that I am sending you this letter because in all honesty, gossip has never been my kind of thrill. In my world, I have my fair share of criticisms from people---some I know and most I don't know at all. This is the reason why I strayed from reading gossip columns and stories. But one time, I stumbled upon your blog and I find myself engrossed.

I believe that you are the first Blogger who writes about gossips and do it in such a way that is not incriminating. You provide entertainment without sounding biased or prejudiced. At the end of your story, you leave it up to your readers to take a stand. The part I appreciate the most is that you never drop names, which is what journalism is supposed to be. Incredulous as it may seem to others, I do believe you uphold responsible journalism.

But FP, I am sending this letter because I want to share my opinion with my fellow FP readers who seem to have the prejudiced mindset so well. Every time you write a story, some of my fellow readers would often comment negatively and bash other readers (like me) who try to be as unbiased as possible.

Take for example the issue with Megastar. As I don't know the whole story, my instinct would be to dig deeper and look for details from my fellow readers' comments. What I've found are mostly negative comments on her "MAKING PATOL" to her fans which truly caught me off-guard.

I was saddened that most readers have this kind of mindset. I mean, how can we think negatively of her for replying to her bashers when apparently, she was insulted? How can we say she's lowly and has no class when she's only fighting her attackers? Pardon me, but don't we just sound like Adolf Hitler? Tayo---mga non-celebrities, non-showbiz, unknown audience, mga readers, MAY KARAPATAN TAYO NA PAGSALITAAN SIYA NG HINDI MABUTI PERO HINDI NIYA PWEDENG GAWIN SA ATIN YUN? We can talk ill about her, but she doesn't have a right to do so because she's a celebrity, an actress and the wife of a senator?

From the day we were born, weren't we taught by our parents to observe fairness and equality, that all humans are equal in the eyes of God? I am not a religious person but after reading all these comments, it makes me think that perhaps, we are trying to play God because for most of us who are readers of your blog, we tend to think that it's okay to speak our minds about the subject of your blind items but these subjects aren't allowed to react to what we have to say.

Hindi ba, mas una sa pagiging celebrity, artista, politician, ay ang pagiging TAO NILA KAGAYA NATIN? Like us, they are humans who have the right to speak their minds and fight back if needed. Honestly, this is not just about Megastar, my fellow readers may think binayaran niya ako para magsulat nito but I don't care. Noon, ang paniniwala ay mas may karapatan ang mga kalalakihan kesa sa kababaihan. Until now, we still live on that but this time, ang paniniwala natin ay mas may karapatan ang mga fans kesa sa mga celebrity or artista. Sandali lang, porke ba't sikat sila, pag-aari na natin sila? May karapatan ba tayong diktahan o pagbawalan sila na gawin ang gusto nila?

I just hope that we can have an unbiased point of view. After all, not everything we hear is right so it pays to know both sides of the story. So please, let's start listening. Yes, we may hear it but we may not have listened. Listening only comes with understanding so sana, maging unbiased tayo at bigyan sila ng karapatan na ikwento ang istorya nila.

I'm sorry for the long letter but if you took time to read this, thank you for hearing me. I just hope that in the end, you actually listened.

Yours truly,
Lei

Note: Letter edited for brevity and space

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter