A Brush with Bling





It's a fact, we ladies are born with a love a bling, from glitter to fake jewels to rocking engagement rings, we all want a little sparkle in our life. Elizabeth is no exception.

We have a little issue with things going missing in our house, and Elizabeth's brush was one of those items. The boys borrow and never return anything, so I said I would get her a brush that they wouldn't want to be seen in public with. She looked a little skeptical but, god bless her, she said ok.

I looked at personalized ones and really $10 for a name on a brush...I don't think so. So I bought a $2 brush and was going to vinyl her name on it, then I thought the boys could peel that so I decided to bling it baby!!


Here's How

1. Gather Supplies:

  • A brush with a flat back
  • Flat back gems
  • Bead Glue
  • Cabochon 
  • A Crayon
2. Glue the Cabochon on

3. Spread the glue, do it section by section so it doesn't dry. I used the tip of the crayon to pick up the gems there is no way you can do this with your hand and a gem pick up tool is $15...seriously the crayon works, so don't buy one!!

Then let her dry




DIY Delight or Disaster? Bling, Hello Kitty, not to mention a super happy eleven year old and apart from the brush, I had all this on hand so it only cost me $2 to make.....Delight!!! One small issue, Madeleine is also not immune to bling and she keeps taking off with it, looks like I will be making a second one soon.









Thanks for reading,

Mel xo


Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here



Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter