How the heck does she afford to feed all those kids? - Bulk Muffin Mix





Last time I shared my bulk bread maker mix, I mentioned that people say dumb things, so for those looking for a few ways to feed larger families I thought I would share mine. Bulk mixes aren't a new idea, but the first time you try them you'll be sold. Remember if your not feeding a huge family you can always half the recipe but these will last for around 6-8 months. I have never had an issue things go quick around the mansion.


Ingredients:
  • 16 cups of Plain Flour (also called All Purpose in other countries)
  • 6 cups of sugar
  • 6Tbs Baking Powder
  • 4 tsp Salt
  • 4 tsp Cinnamon


Mix all the ingredients into a large container, then get ready to make muffins in a snap!

I do heaps of different flavors, using whatever I have on hand:

  • 1/2 cup of choc chops
  • 1 grated apple and 1/2 cup of Sulatanas
  • 1/4 cup of whit choc chips & 1/4 cup of dried blueberries
  • 1 Tbs of Poppyseeds 1 tsp lemon essence & a Tbs of lemon zest (change to how you like your lemon we love it

So here's how I make them up

2 &3/4 cups of Muffin Mix
1 cup of Milk ( I use light milk but full cream will work)
1/2 cup of Canola Oil
1 Egg 

Preheat oven to 190 Degrees Celsius (400F)
Spray muffin tin (I use a 12 tin tray)
Mix all of the above until just combined
Add desired flavors
Measure 1/4 cup of mix into each muffin cup
Bake for 18-20 minutes

Now you may noticed mine are a little cracked...well so am I, but this is due to my oven being a little off and baking is an exact science.


My taste tester really doesn't mind!



So there you go a quick, easy and cheap way to fill those lunch boxes up. For the price of 1&1/2 boxes of pre purchased muffin mix, you have around 15 mixes, with no preservatives.




DIY Delight or Disaster? It's an easy, cheap way to give your kids real food that is preservative and chemical free. Delight!



Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here




Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter