Silhouette Toiletry Bag

This week I had to get Elizabeth off to camp, and she needed a toiletry bag to carry all her stuff, so I made this fun personalized silhouette bag. I really wish getting her to the drop off point had been as easy as the making of this bag!




A few kids from each of the local schools are chosen to attend this camp and the drop off was at a designated place that I had never been to before, before we begin let's understand I am direction-ally challenged. If cartography was my business 200 odd years ago, Australia would not be known to the rest of the world, I suck, I get lost everywhere!

So the night before I discover I could have avoided this trip if she had given me the permission slip to be driven by one of the teachers, so I'm already annoyed. I jump on Whereis print off the directions and we head out Monday morning.

As I start heading in the opposite direction I realize that the directions are clearly wrong, when I ended up on a dirt road and turned into a private driveway I knew I was lost. At this point Max is screaming and then he starts vomiting...like everywhere and doesn't stop. I am now crying, cussing and on the phone to the school trying to figure out how to get the bus to wait for us. Their response, you should have looked it up before you left...I swear if I had been in physical contact I think I would have smacked her out. In the end, I drove back to the road I knew headed in the direction of the town and found it on my own, with 1 minute to spare...HORROR MORNING!

Anyway here's how I made the bag you'll need:
  • Plastic vinyl (not the sticky kind)
  • Fabric
  • Vinyl (the sticky kind)
  • Cord
  • General sewing supplies


I had to do math for this and I forgot how to figure out the circumference of a circle and embarrassingly asked the boys what the equation was, to get the measurements.

From the clear vinyl cut an 8 inch circle and a rectangle 25.6" x 7"
From the fabric a rectangle 25.6" x 5" and sew them together right sides facing.



Preset your casing by folding down a 1" hem and press, but don't sew, I did and when it came to the casing I had to unpick..doh!


Now add your vinyl, I did a silhouette of her head and her name.



Now sew the casing and sew the side seam except for the casing because you will be putting your cord through it and stitch the bottom circle to it.


Because the cording unravels I like to make sure I pin all of the cord strands and pull it through, and turn right side out!



After all the mucking about I actually made something that looks okay and works!



 

Diy Delight or Disaster? So far everything to do with this camp has been a nightmare....except for the bag, so delight. Seriously people the drive there was an hour the drive home 18 minutes wish me luck for the pick up. Oh well the bag with the silhouette, it's "ahead" of the rest!

Please tell me you have been lost before, I normally call my Dad and cry, until he calmly directs me but he was away and I couldn't reach him. When he reads this he will be so glad the phone was off! Actually I'm surprised he has never considered giving me a GPS for Christmas.

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter