Chair Makeover



Well it's a mini makeover! I wanted to paint it but it belongs to a set and at some point I would really like to have it as part of my dining room. We removed it and started using our old set because the pieces all have big metal hooks and they weren't really toddler friendly. So I just changed the manky seat which will need to be redone on all of them down the track. It is from the same set as my Houndstooth Table.

Any it looked like this.



So I removed the seat. Mind the ugly winter feet


Then couldn't decide what to do with it so I put it out on facebook and was really keen on the idea of patchwork but since I had already removed the pad I had nothing to sew on and I just wanted it done in a day. I ended up choosing the polka dot.




Stapled it on and like magic it went from that to this. BTW getting the chair back on....well that's annoying to say the least, ugg there were tears and tantrums and a screwdriver may have been flung!


But she's done!



DIY Delight or Disaster? Well it's not too bad for a first attempt at a chair makeover, but she wont be winning any beauty pageants.  It looks cleaner and it is closer to the theme than the old cover but I think I'm on the fence with this one.

What do you think?

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

I would be delighted if you would follow me at any or all of these awesome places, just click on the picture below. 


                             Mellywood's Mansion
Mellyood's Mansion
Mellywood's Mansion

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter